Thursday, December 1, 2011

Someone could get hurt.

I feel as if I've become much needier since you. I don't entirely like it, and yet there is this vague nagging suspicion that things are supposed to progress this way. And to this, I respond with frenzied discomfort.

The idea of being dependent on something or someone pricks at me. (I am speaking of mortal and material entities here.) Yet at times, I feel myself falling into such roles readily, too naturally. As I do, such ease of transition suddenly raises red flags, jangles my senses and makes me resist. The result is a hopeless scramble of unsettled pins and needles.

I hate it. To resist or not to resist?

Objective observation reveals that oftentimes, those who openly advertise their need or penchant for independence tend to say such things, but carry on in quite contrary manners. You say like your personal space? You're probably two minutes from latching onto your good old buddy over there. If you're really "independent", you might continue being comfortably dependent until you're spontaneously overcome with a fierce desire to prove that you don't need whatever it is. Push it away to prove a point (more to yourself than to anyone else, really), realize you're not entirely happy, but too proud to admit that you still want it, even to yourself. Flawed, yeah? Unfair to the other party, yeah? Happens. D0 I do this? Probably. I mean, yes. Damn it.

I'm a contradiction. Human, just like everyone else. Contradictions aplenty!

Now to stop this obsessive frenzy of thought... time to own up to myself, and deal. Stop dragging others into my skewed sense of identity, and just be. Cannot continue fighting myself anymore. Someone could get hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment