So I haven't written here in quite a while. But that's alright, because I've begun writing in a journal lately, and it's been lovely. I've been fairly inspired as of late by those I see carrying around little notebooks, jotting down notes during service and in their daily lives. Not to mention, I've just finished reading Anne Frank's diary for the first time (!!), and it has definitely spurred me to document my thought processes more often and thoroughly. I've realized that there is a great jumble of thoughts and ideas floating around in my mind that become so intertwined and drowned in each other that they rarely get explored and brought into full consciousness.
This blog is for when I want to compose fully formed thoughts (and let's face it, they are rather like compositions), and present them with precisely chosen language. But to be honest, sitting down and sorting through the mess of my mind is so draining, that oftentimes... I just don't feel like it. It's very easy to avoid thinking, actually. But what a shame to let all those ideas go to waste! What I need is a place to jot down thoughts as they occur to me, without having to think them through or transpose them into exact language first. That's where the journal comes in. A little black notebook, slowly being filled with scribbles and notes to myself. A bit messy, perhaps... but that's how I am. Intertwined and drowning in and of myself before the clean-up comes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment