Wednesday, September 15, 2010

I miss this...






... every aspect of it.
Onstage, eyes transcendent, arms extended to infinity, strained ears searching for the first pitter patters of river water. The dip, the sharpness of a precisely angled turn, the toss of entangled hair. Smiling eyes, smiling smiles. Always. The exhilaration. And then the exhaustion. A fusion of both force and grace. The jingling of bells, the grain felt upon bare feet, the dangers of a badly placed safety pin. The muck of foundation, the winged panda eyes, the weighted flutter of lashes framed like the unveiling of a peacock's tail...

I want to dance again.

3 comments:

  1. and dancing again you are! i like it when things work out like that haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohoh! I've danced traditional Taiwanese dances before :3 my friend choreographed it and I was leadddddd. It was awesome. I'd like to dance again too :\

    Psssst. I like the way you write!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well you came back and danced it with us! :D
    what I like more is being able to realate to ALL of that. :3

    ReplyDelete